FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
I have never used essential oils before, how can they help me?
Pure essential oils have lots of healing properties that can help you feel better. These oils come straight from nature and sacred plants. They contain no waxes, dyes, fillers, or chemicals from questionable sources. When use correctly, they don’t cause harmful side effects like those caused by common drugs. Essential oils or Aromatic oils as they were once called, have been used by many cultures around the world for centuries. Their uses varied between cultures from religious purposes to healing the sick.
Three most common and safe extraction methods:
- Distillation: Employs water and/or steam to separate essential oils from the plant matter.
- Cold pressing or also called; Expression: is a production method exclusive for citrus essential oils. Because the oils are concentrated inside the fruit’s skin, this method proves easier and most economical. Rinds are heated no more than 50 degrees.
- CO2 Extractions: Uses carbo dioxide to separate essential oils from other plant matter. Since there is not heating involved, oils remain pure and unaltered, meaning the product inside the bottle is as close to the original plant oil as possible.
Why do you only carry blends and not single oils?
Synergy is most powerful due to the complex makeup of essential oils and hydrosols. Blending three to five substances together increases the therapeutic benefits giving you optimum results. Where one essential oil leaves off, another one picks up and continues the healing process. Synergy helps to guarantee that a blend of essential oils will work together, doing their best to produce the desire effects.
How do I use oils?
On my labels, website and free postcards describes how to use the oils.
What are Chakras?
The chakras are energy centers that exist within the ethereal body. Energy flows in and out moving on a circular clockwise motion. The word chakra comes from Sanskrit and means “spinning wheel”. There are seven major as well minor chakras in our body and each one has a color and a function. These are located along the spinal column between the base of the spine and the crown of the head. Each chakra is associated with different organs in the body. When the seven chakras are opened and balanced, they create life force and wellbeing. For more details on this topic, read about each chakra oil on my website and sign up for my monthly newsletter!
What do “chakra blends” do?
My blends were formulated to enhance openness and balance of the seven major chakras, which they are related to the physical and emotional body.
For instance, my “Grounding” blend promotes safety, peace, confidence, and a strong connection to Mother Nature. Here are some symptoms of the root chakra when closed / blocked: lack of focus, co-dependency, restlessness, feeling abandoned, fearfulness, anxiety, depression, guilt, resentment.
Essential oils allow you to assume greater responsibility for your health and improve your quality of life. Vibrant energy and a positive mental outlook are additional benefits that go hand in hand with aromatherapy.
Are essential oils safe to use during pregnancy, nursing or any medical condition?
We strongly recommend prior to use essential oils that you seek the advice of a professional health care advisor that is well experienced with essential oils usage. Any type of Sage, is known to be contradicted for pregnancy and epilepsy. So it is important that you always, double check and read labels very carefully.
In my opinion, pregnant and breastfeeding women should avoid most essential oils.
What do I do if I experience skin reaction:
Stop using the essential oil immediately. Have a shower to clean your skin fully and apply a carrier oil; such as coconut oil to calm the irritated area. Drink plenty of water. There could be different reasons why your body reacted to the oil. For instance, you have a very sensitive skin, you could be allergic to it, or your body could be detoxifying.
Are essential oils safe to use in children?
Use caution when selecting essential oils for babies and children. My chakra blends were formulated a bit softer than usual for kids to be able to use them. Diffusing oils and hydrosols are always a great option for children. If you choose to use a single essential oil, make sure it is well diluted before applying on your child’s skin. Our children use the roll on, mist, body oil, and diffusing oils and they have never had any negative reaction.
Please note that my essential oils are NOT for ingesting, but for external use only. It is important your children are aware of this.
Storing essential Oils:
Proper storage protects your investment. Here are few tips:
- Avoid heat and light: Essential oils are flammable. Do not store them above a woodstove or range. Avoid direct sunlight as it can adversely affect the Essential oils constituents.
- Keep away from moister and oxygen: Consistent contact with oxygen causes essential oils to deteriorate, and rendering unsuitable for therapeutic purposes. Moisture leads to contamination. Always keep lids on, when oils are not in use to prevent condensation.
- Keep the oils away from children and pets: While many Essential oils are safe for use on children, they can be harmful if ingested or if applied in excessive amounts.
- Cap bottles tightly: Essential oils will evaporate if not rightly capped.
How does exposure to sun affects the essential oil use?
Some essential oils, especially citrus can cause a sensitive reaction when exposed to UV light. Avoid wearing essential oils, if you will be exposed to a warm sun.
What are Crystals?
Crystals are a solid matter formed by a repeated pattern. As compared to other solids, the atoms in the crystals are always repeated in the same exact rhythm, or pattern.
Each crystal pattern is unique, which determines the properties of the crystal. This refers to both physical properties such as clarity, depth, and strength, for example, as well as more metaphysical properties, such as the specific energy vibrations the crystal emanates. Crystals are sacred beautiful gifts from Mother Nature.
What is Crystal Healing?
Crystals have been used throughout history for healing. Crystals work with the human energy field and can move, absorb, focus, direct and diffuse energy within the body. Working with crystalline energy helps the body to find it’s natural rhythm. Crystal healing is basically the ‘laying on’ of stones of different vibrational rates onto the body in order to effect healing and change. It may also involve laying out different energy grids or specific patterns of crystals around the body. By using grids, the combination of the stones can enhance their individual properties, and direct energy.
How can Crystals help me?
- Relieve and release stress
- Amplify your healing power and potential
- Stop burn out and energy depletion
- Stimulate harmonious brain activity
- Restore the energy structure to your body and mind
- Stimulate healing, personal growth and spiritual development
- Re-connect you to your inner levels of your being and aura
- Create carrier waves of pure vibrant energy
- Improve your health and rejuvenate your body by stimulating the energy flow through your meridians
- Transfer intelligent coded information to your bloodstream
- Transmute unwanted information that may be locked in your bones, tissues and unconscious mind
- Ground you and connect you to Mother Earth
- Transmute negative energy into positive
- Protect you from radiation and electromagnetic waves